GOOGLE CULTURAL INSTITUTE
Google Cultural Institute and the SCG
Experience the Sydney Cricket Ground like never before on the Google Cultural Institute – an engaging and interactive platform for digital storytelling.
Through high resolution digital artefacts and multimedia assets, the Sydney Cricket Ground Museum collections come alive on the Google Cultural Institute. With stunning detail, interactive virtual reality and augmented reality experiences, street view captures and online exhibitions, the SCG Museum collections are presented for the first time for visitors around the globe to view the historic grounds and our significant sports heritage collections.
The Sydney Cricket and Sports Grounds is a partner with Google and a major contributor to the current ‘Australia: Great Sporting Land’ exhibition.
The collection dives in to the celebrated history and heritage of this unique precinct and the many moments and stories that have made this place so revered.
- Take a virtual walk through this historic precinct and examine the Sydney Cricket Ground in fine detail
- Explore the heritage-listed Members’ and Ladies Pavilions’, original sketches and plans in high resolution
- Discover the many stories and sports men and women that have graced the grounds
- Take a virtual walk onto the pitch and see the ground from a player’s perspective
- Learn more about the extraordinary history of this site